Barbara P. Chan
Adjunct Assistant Professor
William W.J. Lu
Ng Chun-Man Professor in Orthopaedic Bioengineering
Daisy K.Y. Shum
Anderson H.C. Shum
Kevin K. Tsia
Erica Ueda Boles
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Ed X. Wu
- Clinical electrophysiology
- Neural engineering
- Functional electric stimulation
- EMG measurement and analysis
- Biomedical signal processing
- Biomedical sensor and technology
Dr Yong Hu received his BSc and MSc degrees in the Biomedical Engineering from Tianjin University, Tianjin, China in 1985 and 1988, respectively, his PhD degree from The University of Hong Kong in 1999. He is currently an associate professor, the director of Lab of Neural Engineering and Clinical Electrophysiology, in the Department of Orthopaedics & Traumatology, The University of Hong Kong. He is also an adjunction ‘Xiehe Chair Professor’ of Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences & Peking Union Medical College. His main research area is clinical electrophysiology, neural engineering, and biomedical signal processing, hardware implementation for signal processing. Dr. Hu was awarded international and national awards in research fields of biomedical engineering and clinical eletrophysiology. He served as members of several international and national professional bodies and esteemed societies.
- Y. Hu, Kwok JW, Tse JY, Luk KD. Time-varying surface electromyography topography as a prognostic tool for chronic low back pain rehabilitation. Spine J. 2014 Jun 1;14(6):1049-56
- Peng W, Hu L, Zhang Z, Y. Hu. Changes of spontaneous oscillatory activity to tonic heat pain. PLoS One. 2014 Mar 6;9(3):e91052.
- Wen CY, Cui JL, Liu H, Mak KC, Cheung WY, Luk KD, Y. Hu. Is Diffusion Anisotropy A Biomarker for Disease Severity and Surgical Prognosis of Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy? Radiology. 2014 Jan;270(1):197-204.
- Liu H, Xie X, Xu S, Wan F, Y. Hu. One-unit Second Order Blind Identification (SOBI) with Reference for Short Transient Signals. Information sciences. 2013 April; 227:90–101
- Wen CY, Cui JL, Lee MP, Mak KC, Luk KD, Y. Hu. Quantitative analysis of fiber tractography in cervical spondylotic myelopathy. Spine J. 2013 Jun;13(6):697-705
- Hu L, Zhang ZG, Y. Hu. A time-varying source connectivity approach to reveal human somatosensory information processing. Neuroimage. 2012 Aug 1;62(1):217-28.
- Cui JL, Wen CY, Y. Hu, Mak KC, Mak KH, Luk KD. Orientation entropy analysis of diffusion tensor in healthy and myelopathic spinal cord. Nuroimage. 2011 Oct 15;58(4):1028-33.
- Hu L, Zhang ZG, Hung YS, Luk KD, Iannetti GD, Y. Hu. Single-trial detection of somatosensory evoked potentials by probabilistic independent component analysis and wavelet filtering. Clin Neurophysiol. 2011 Jul;122(7):1429-39.
- Y. Hu, Wen CY, Li TH, Cheung MM, Wu EX, Luk KD. Somatosensory-Evoked Potentials as An Indicator for the Extent of Ultrastructural Damage of Spinal Cord after Chronic Compressive Injuries in a Rat Model. Clin Neurophysiol. 2011 Jul;122(7):1440-7.
- Cui JL, Wen CY, Y. Hu, Li TH, Luk KD. Entropy-based analysis for diffusion anisotropy mapping of healthy and myelopathic spinal cord. Neuroimage. 2011 Feb 1;54(3):2125-31.
Phone: 2974 0359