- Common core: A series of six courses across different areas of inquiry that is required of all HKU undergraduates. These courses could help broaden students’ intellectual and social perspectives. Details can be referred to here.
- Engineering core: A group of foundation courses covering electrical and mechanical engineering, essential mathematics, and computer programming.
- Discipline core: These are the fundamental courses specific to BME and basic life sciences.
- Advanced core: These courses focus on in-depth technical knowledge relevant to modern BME applications, hands-on and laboratory-oriented training. Highlights of hands-on experiences in BME can also be referred to here.
Discipline ElectivesDiscipline Electives consists of several groups of advanced courses for senior-year BME students, as shown as follows:
- Advanced biomedical signals and systems
- Biomaterials and tissue engineering
- Biomechanics and biotransport
- Biomedical imaging technologies and applications
- Omics technologies
- Professional ethics
Final Year ProjectThis is a core course for final year students. It provides students with an opportunity to conduct research on a selected topic under the supervision of teachers from Engineering & Medicine. Students are also required to give a presentation of their work from design to experimentation and analytical findings. Topics of Final Year Project in 2018-19 can be found here.