Barbara P. Chan
Adjunct Assistant Professor
William W.J. Lu
Ng Chun-Man Professor in Orthopaedic Bioengineering
Daisy K.Y. Shum
Anderson H.C. Shum
Kevin K. Tsia
Erica Ueda Boles
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Ed X. Wu
- Cellular and molecular biomechanics
- Cell adhesion and migration
- Tissue morphogenesis
- Mechanics of biological materials
Dr. Yuan Lin received the BS and MS degrees in Engineering Mechanics from Tsinghua University in 1999 and 2001, respectively. He later obtained a MS degree in Applied Mathematics and a Ph.D. degree in Solid Mechanics in 2008 from Brown University. Dr. Lin’s research interests include cellular and molecular biomechanics, tissue development and morphogenesis, and mechanics of biological materials. His works have been published in places like Science Advances, Nature Communications, PRL and PNAS.
- H. He, X. Wei, B. Yang, H. Liu, M. Sun, Y. Li, A. Yan, C. Tang, Y. Lin* and L. Xu*. 2022. Ultrastrong and Multifunctional Aerogels with Hyperconnective Network of Composite Polymeric Nanofibers. Nature Communications. 13: 4242.
- C. Fang, J. Yao, Y. Zhang and Y. Lin*. 2022. Active chemo-mechanical feedbacks dictate the collective migration of cells on patterned surfaces. Biophysical Journal. 121: 1266-1275.
- D. Wu, Y. Hou, Z. Chu, Q. Wei, W. Hong and Y. Lin*. 2022. Ligand Mobility-Mediated Cell Adhesion and Spreading. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. 14: 12976-12983.
- L. Wang, Y. Hou, T. Zhang, X. Wei, Y. Zhou, D. Lei, Q. Wei, Y. Lin* and Z. Chu*. 2022. All-Optical Modulation of Single Defects in Nanodiamonds: Revealing Rotational and Translational Motions in Cell Traction Force Fields. Nano Letters. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.nanolett.2c02232.
- Z. Yan, X. Xia, W.C. Cho, D.W. Au, X. Shao, C. Fang, Y. Tian and Y. Lin*. 2022. Rapid Plastic Deformation of Cancer Cells Correlates with High Metastatic Potential. Advanced Healthcare Materials. 2101657.
- Y. Hou, J. Jing, Y. Luo, F. Xu, W. Xie, L. Ma, X. Xia, Q. Wei, Y. Lin,* K.H. Li* and Z. Chu*. 2022. A Versatile, Incubator-Compatible, Monolithic GaN PhotonicChipscope for Label-Free Monitoring of Live Cell Activities. Advanced Science. 2200910.
- J. Oh, X. Xia, W.K.R. Wong, S.H.D. Wong, W. Yuan, H. Wang, C.H.N. Lai, Y. Tian, Y.-P. Ho, H. Zhang, Y. Zhang, G. Li, Y. Lin* and L. Bian*. 2022. The Effect of the Nanoparticle Shape on T Cell Activation. Small. 2107373.
- C. Fang, X. Wei, X. Shao and Y. Lin*. 2021. Force-mediated Cellular Anisotropy and Plasticity Dictate the Elongation Dynamics of Embryos. Science Advances. 7: eabg3264.
- X. Wei, C. Fang, B. Gong, X. Shao, F. Sun, J. Qian and Y. Lin*. 2021. Time-dependent response of bio-polymer networks regulated by catch and slip bond-like kinetics of cross-linkers. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids. 147: 104267.
- X. Wei, C. Fang, B. Gong, J. Yao, J. Qian and Y. Lin*. 2021. Viscoelasticity of 3D actin networks dictated by the mechanochemical characteristics of cross-linkers. Soft Matter. 17: 10177-10185.
- Z. Gong, S.E. Szczesny, S.R. Caliari, E.E. Charrier, O. Chaudhuri, X. Cao, Y. Lin*, R.L. Mauck, P.A. Janmey, J.A. Burdick and V.B. Shenoy*. 2018. Matching Material and Cellular Timescales Maximizes Cell Spreading on Viscoelastic Substrates. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA. 115: E2686-E2695.
- X. Cao, E. Ban, B.M. Baker, Y. Lin, J.A. Burdick, C.S. Chen and V.B. Shenoy. 2017. Multiscale model predicts increasing focal adhesion size with decreasing stiffness in fibrous matrices. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA. 114: E4549-E4555.
Phone: 3917 7955