Chair Professor of Translational Medical Engineering
Ng Chun-Man Professor in Orthopaedic Bioengineering
- Cellular and molecular biomechanics
- Mechanics of soft materials
- Tthin film mechanics and tribology
Dr. Y. Lin received the BS and MS degrees in Engineering Mechanics from Tsinghua University in 1999 and 2001, respectively. He later obtained a MS degree in Applied Mathematics in 2006 and followed by a Ph.D. degree in Solid Mechanics in 2007 from Brown University. He joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering in the University of Hong Kong in 2008 after serving a brief appointment at Brown University as a post-doctoral research associate. His research interests include cellular and molecular biomechanics, mechanics of soft materials, thin film mechanics and tribology.
- K.Y. Ng, Y. Lin and A.H.W. Ngan. 2009. Deformation of anodic aluminum oxide nano-honeycombs during nanoindentation. Acta Materialia. 57: 2710-2720.
- Y. Lin. 2009. Mechanics model for actin-based motility. Physical Review E. 79: 021916.
- Y. Lin and L.B. Freund. 2008. Optimum size of a molecular bond cluster in adhesion. Physical Review E. 78: 021909.
- Y. Lin, M. Inamdar and L.B. Freund. 2008. The competition between Brownian motion and adhesion in soft materials. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids. 56: 241-250.
- Y. Lin and L.B. Freund. 2007. A lower bound on receptor density for stable cell adhesion due to thermal undulations. Journal of Materials Science. 42: 8904-8910.
- Y. Lin and L.B. Freund. 2007. Forced detachment of a vesicle in adhesive contact with a substrate. International Journal of Solids and Structures. 44: 1927-1938.
- Y. Lin and T.C. Ovaert. 2006. Journal of Tribology-Transactions of the ASME. 128: 32-39.
- L.B. Freund and Y. Lin. 2004. The role of binder mobility in spontaneous adhesive contact and implications for cell adhesion. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids. 52: 2455-2472.
- Y. Lin and T.C. Ovaert. 2004. Indentation of an anisotropic half-space by a heated punch. Journal of Applied Mechanics-Transactions of the ASME. 71: 266-272.
- D.A. Shi, Y. Lin and T.C. Ovaert. 2003. Indentation of an orthotropic half space by a rigid ellipsoidal indenter. Journal of Tribology-Transactions of the ASME. 125: 223-231.
- Y. Lin and J. Li. 2002. Deploying dynamics analysis of gravity-gradient stabilized satellite. Engineering Mechanics. 19: 135-139.
Phone: 3917 7955